J. Richard Morris, Jr., DMD
Meet Dr. Morris
“I feel blessed to have the opportunity to make such a positive impact on the lives of my patients. Helping to create beautiful smiles for people of all ages is incredibly satisfying and there is nothing more rewarding than seeing a patient's smile on the day their braces are removed.” – Dr. Morris
Visit me on Google+
Education and Experience
- Orthodontics Residency: Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine: Medical College of Georgia
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering: Georgia Tech
- Readers Choice “Best Orthodontist in Sumner County” Award in the Hendersonville Star News and the Gallatin News Examiner
- “Best Orthodontist” by the readers of Sumner Parent Magazine
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
- Volunteer Discount Program Feautured in The Tennessean
- President of Dental Class
- Goodchild and Goodchild Scholarship for highest academic average in orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Tennessee Association of Orthodontists
- Tennessee Dental Association
- Nashville Dental Society
Dr. Morris and his wife, Deirdre, moved to Hendersonville while he completed his orthodontic residency training at Vanderbilt. They quickly fell in love with Hendersonville, love the people, and knew it was the best place to raise their three children, Sinclair, Marin, and Jay.
Dr. Morris' time outside the office is spent with his three small children. He enjoys teaching them how to play soccer and lacrosse, going on hikes on the greenway, teaching his oldest how to ride her bike and the youngest how to play catch. The family has a busy schedule and you can often find Dr. Morris with his children at their school and extra-curricular activities, such as gymnastics lessons and dance recitals.
In the Community
Dr. Morris truly believes in the difference one person can make and in the responsibility each of us has for giving back. The Morris Orthodontics Volunteer Discount Program has been featured in The Tennessean (the major Nashville paper) twice, The Hendersonville Star News, The Gallatin News Examiner, and The Fairvue Plantation in Gallatin. A $350 Reward is offered to patients/parents who volunteer ten hours of service with the church, school, or non-profit organization of their choice. He personally experienced the satisfaction of giving back on a dental mission trip to Guatemala, helping families who lacked access to regular dental care.
Dr. Morris enjoys being involved in the local community in his down time, teaching a weekly cycle class at the Sumner County YMCA and supporting local baseball and football teams. He is an avid triathlete and sponsored the Kids Triathlon at the Sumner County YMCA in August. He is also proud to be the sponsor of the Hendersonville High school Golden Girls Dance Team Dance Clinics for students in K-8.
Morris Orthodontics are your experienced Hendersonville, TN orthodontic office . Call today to schedule your first appointment!